Hot Apple Crumble
4 number Bramley apples
75 g Caster sugar
10 g Ground cinnamon
100g Toffee apple biscotti
100g Unsalted butter
1. Peel the apples, cut each apple into ¼’s and remove the core, cut
the apple ¼’s into 1cm dice.
2. Melt the butter in a thick based pan, add the sugar and apples and
slowly cook until the apple starts to soften, dust with the
cinnamon and allow to cook for a further minute or two.
3. Place the apple mixture into an oven proof container.
4. For the crumble topping simply place the biscotti into a food
processor and blend until a crumble texture is formed, if you
don’t have a mixer this can be done in a bowl with a rolling pin.
5. Place the crumble mix on top of the apple, then put into an oven
at 160C for 5 minutes until the topping starts to turn golden.
6. Serve with custard, cream or ice-cream.
Milk, Wheat, Eggs